The 340B Coalition’s annual Winter and Summer Conferences are attended by nearly 2,000 professionals involved with the 340B drug pricing program.
340B Coalition Press Policy
- Representatives from print, broadcast, or electronic media outlets may receive complimentary press registration for 340B Coalition conferences, subject to the following rules:
- Qualified media outlets include general circulation, pharmacy, health care, and other trade publications, as well as electronic, radio, television, and cable broadcasters.
- Qualified media representatives must be credentialed journalists (i.e., professional reporters, editors, writers, news photographers, producers, and online editors) who work for a publication, news service, broadcast outlet, or news site that is regularly issued and published primarily for the dissemination of news, and who operate independently from any commercial, political, government, or special interest.
- Members of advertising, marketing, or executive staffs of media outlets, as well as representatives of public relations or advertising agencies, editorial board members, consultants with blogs, and industry representatives are not considered media representatives and will not be granted complimentary press registration.
- Media representatives may cover only those sessions identified by the Coalition as open to media. The Coalition reserves the right to restrict access to any session.
- Media representatives attending the meeting on a complimentary press registration may not sell, market, or otherwise represent a company for the purpose of obtaining advertising or subscriptions.
- These criteria are subject to review and revision at the Coalition’s discretion.
- Accepted methods to verify credentials are as follows (select one):
- Official publication or corporate business card with reporter’s name, title, email address, corporate address, and verifiable website
- Copies of at least two (2) recent, relevant articles with byline
- Letter from publication editor requesting credentials. The credential request must be printed on publication letterhead with a verifiable corporate address, phone number, and website.
- In consideration of granting of a press pass, credentialed reporters must provide the Coalition with copies of conference-related content.
- Media representatives may not record audio or video of conference presentations.
- Failure to abide by these policies can result in loss of press credentials for this and subsequent conferences.
Please address questions to firstname.lastname@example.org or 202-536-2285.